What should i do before an operation?
Here are some general points of your operation. Specific information - for you -.
- Take your ID with you.
- For general anesthesia, eat or drink 6 hours before the operation.
- At a local anesthetic and sedative medicine, eat and drink 4 hours before the operation.
- You may drink water, black coffee and tea, but nothing up to 2 hours before the operation.
- If you have medical problems during the week before your operation, contact us immediately.
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco for at least 1 month before the operation: - Smoke absolutely nothing at least 1 month before the operation and at least 1 month after the operation.
- Do you use MAO inhibitor such as NardilÂ®, MarplanÂ® or ParnateÂ® or ever taken ananticoagulant such as CoumadinÂ®, HeparinÂ® or a daily aspirin you should inform the doctor about that for advice.
- Should you stay over in the clinic, make sure that someone picks you up the day after.
- You shall not shave the surgical site. It is enough that you shower before you come into operation.
- No makeup or nail polish when you come to us.
- Do not take valuables to the clinic. If possible keep your rings, earrings, watches at home.
- Tell us about your regular medications, and if you have to take any on your operations day.
- Tell us about your last menstruation if it has been delayed or not.
- If you are put on contact lenses, use glasses instead.
- Tell us if you have a special diet, religious or other special needs.
- Most patients can return to work within 7 to 14 days. If your job is physically demanding, you should take more than a week off.
- You will see the surgeon before the operation and draw the marks needed for the operation.
- It is also important that you are calm and relaxed before the operation.
- You will receive pre-medication, which requires some time for effect.
- We will do everything so your stay be as enjoyable as possible.
- It is good to dress comfortable clothing and shoes because you must undergo surgery.
- You can feel stiff and difficult to move after surgery. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- You shall have a friend or a relative to take you home. You should not be alone the first night at home. You cannot drive 48 hours after surgery.
- Smoking causes an extremely difficult healing process by external blood vessels affected by nicotine.
- Smoking provides you with a high likelihood of complications that you can be without.
- No nicotine gum or patch or snuff, either.
It happens a lot in life and if you want to cancel the operation, you must make it ten working days before the surgery date.
What should I do on surgery day?
COME IN GOOD TIME. DONâ€™T BE STRESSED!
Warm Welcome from us!
What should i do after an operation?
Make sure you have someone to pick you up and that you are not alone first night. You will return in a few days after the operation. About a week after the surgery, you will come back for a follow up check up to remove the stitches and see how the healing is going. If it would be necessary, you will be called to more return visits.
Take the prescribed pain-relieving pills that you have received. Different patients experience pains differently, but after a few days the pain will be reduced. After the prescribed pills have run out, you can take pain relievers such as Advil, Panadol and Tylenol. Please contact us if they are not sufficient to pain.
You can get a little nausea during the first few days. Contact the clinic if it does not go away.
Take it easy during the first few days Move cautiously.
Drink plenty of water, 2 -3 liters per day. Follow the diet prescribed.You may bruise after surgery. They usually are gone within one to two weeks. You will swell up. The decrease will be after 2-3 month. No sun or tanning for three month after the surgery.
Operations in various areas, the same time (eg two breasts, two eyelids) usually heal at different rates on each side. It is common for pain or swelling may be different in scope. Very few people are symmetrical in their body parts; there may be some asymmetry even after surgery.
It is relatively common in some areas that have a change of the feeling or numbness after surgery (especially during the nose surgery and tummy tuck).
Since you do not become sick and you'll calculate to take leave as long as it is
Listen to your body and not your desire. Avoid swimming for as long as you have an open wound, at least one month after surgery.
Wounds heal faster for some patients, and take longer for others. Give the healing process time - it may take a long time.
For urgent cases - please contact us immediately on the phone + 66 89 7702700
...or fill in the form on our Appointments page: